Prices: Adults $30.50, Children $16 (2-16 years)
Special Rates: Family $76 (2 adult + 2 child)
Concession $28 (YHA, VIP, stud/pen)
$1 from every Dolphin Watch Ticket is donated to the Marine Parks Association to assist with their research on our resident Bottlenose Dolphins.
Share the fun!
Meet the dolphins from the calm water of our boom-net or hold on tight for a wild jet-net ride!
Relax a foot above water under sail in the dry bow-net or give yourself a “Titanic” thrill at the end of the bow sprit.
Our crew is friendly and keen to share their passion of the local marine environment.
Our catamaran is stable and safe with 360 degrees view, a license bar and if condition permit we will to take you back sailing to the marina.
Meet the locals!
Port Stephens on the Mid North Coast of NSW is the perfect place in Australia to observe dolphins in the wild and is home to around 150 bottlenose dolphins. Imagine Cruises has an intimate knowledge of the different pods in the Port and 99% success rate with dolphin sighting on all our dolphin cruises.
Often more dolphins join the locals in the Bay from the headlands and the offshore beaches.
When large school of spurning mullets come down the river, you might also encounter, much larger oceanic bottlenoses coming from far away to share the feast.
Going to watch wild dolphins is not like going to the zoo! The behaviour of wild dolphins is very complex and the experience is always unique as dolphins migrate through the Bay during the day.
The dolphins we encounter might be travelling from one feeding ground to another; they could be interacting, playing or mating or they could be chasing fish, foraging in pairs or in pods. Sometime they form a mega-pod when chasing large school of fish… Dolphins need to rest but unlike humans they cannot sleep, so resting is done in group moving very slowly in a motion we call logging.
Bottlenose dolphins have one of the most complex behaviour in the an animal world and a pleasure to watch. We are looking forward to meet you onboard and share our passion for what we call the people of the sea!
Choose An Eco-Friendly Dolphin Cruise
Imagine Cruises has Advanced Ecotourism accreditation and is an environmentally aware company. Imagine Cruises has sponsored research into the Port Stephens dolphins and regularly updates its tour commentary with the latest information learned. Dolphin Guarantee or Free Return Trip
- Condition permitting we will put the sails up on our return to the marina.
- Free unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits available
- The hydrophone will let you listen to the dolphins communicate
- Free dolphin literature – great for school projects
- Licensed bar and comfortable downstairs lounge
- Bow-net and boom-net – fun to be close to the dolphins
- Spacious foredeck for dolphin watching with 360 degree views
- Chance to see Little Blue (Fairy) Penguins, Sea eagles and if you lucky you might even spot a sea turtles…
- For that really close encounter you might like to try out the boom or bow nets – so bring your swimmers!